THE HISTORIC HOME OF ASTON MARTIN
IN 1955 SIR DAVID BROWN MOVED ASTON MARTIN TO NEWPORT PAGNELL AND LATER INTRODUCED WORKS SERVICE, SETTING THE COMPANY ON A PATH THAT NEVER WAVERED IN PURSUIT OF UNCOMPROMISING EXCELLENCE, INNOVATION AND UNDERSTATED STYLE.
Upon his acquisition of Aston Martin in 1947, English industrialist Sir David Brown came to the realisation that the company’s factory in Feltham, Essex lacked the space for his expansion plans. His solution was to purchase Salmons coachbuilding works in Newport Pagnell in 1954. Drawn also by the coachbuilding skills honed at the factory since 1830, this was the genesis of a new era for Aston Martin. Becoming the global headquarters, Aston Martin Works was also established at Newport Pagnell as the marque’s service division.
Over the next five decades Aston Martin garnered a global reputation for designing and handcrafting the most desirable motor cars.
Visited by Her Majesty The Queen in 1966, clients and guests were attracted by the glamour and prestige of Aston Martin. Amongst many of the 13,300 cars built at Newport Pagnell were motoring icons such as the DB5 that became synonymous with James Bond and the silver screen.
Manufacturing culminated with the V12 Vanquish S Ultimate Edition in 2007 as the moving of new car production to Gaydon, Warwickshire was concluded. And yet, the doors at Newport Pagnell did not close. Aston Martin Works continues to operate from the same legendary facility. Those artisan skills, the skills of true craftsmen and women are preserved at Aston Martin Works, employed in the restoration and repair of Aston Martins and now in the production of the DB4 G.T. Continuation.